Regional teams play against other ringette associations, including 10 home games and 10 away games during the season. They also play in an end-of-season regional tournament. Teams practice once a week from mid-September to March, with two weeks off at the winter holidays. Each team will also have additional tournament opportunities throughout the year, which are optional.
Registration fees cover the following items:
- ice rentals costs for practices and games
- regional tournament entrance fee
- referee fees
- administrative costs
- use of a home and away game jersey
- end of year banquet awards
Additional tournament fees, skill clinics, power skating, extra practices, and other wardrobe expectations are paid for separately by the parent/player and are not part of the registration fee. These additional costs are generally optional and will be communicated in advance to player families.
In 2023/2024, the Muskoka Royals will be offering the following regional teams:
- FUN3 (players born in 2014/2015)
- U12 (players born in 2012/2013)
- U14 (players born in 2010/2011)
- U16 (players born in 2008/2009)
2023/2024 Registration Details:
FUN3 Registration Fee: $550
U12 to U16 Registration Fee: $650
Practice Time: Thursday 7:00pm OR 8:00pm
(practice times will rotate between these two time slots in the first half)
Clinic Ice (Optional): Monday 6:30pm (Bala)
CHANGES in 2023/2024: Please note a few changes to the registration fees this year:
- We have returned to the previous model of fee payment: all your fees are paid in one transaction, and the Muskoka Royals submit payment to Ringette Ontario (RO) on your behalf. Player fees have been increased to account for this change from RO.
- Starting in 2023/2024, all regional / provincial teams at U12 and above have a second hour of ice available to them, called "Clinic Ice". This weekly hour of ice is not mandatory, but all players are encouraged to attend to maximize learning and growth. Clinic ice will take place on Monday nights in Bala.